people are saying
Celox First Aid
You can rely on Celox™ to stop bleeding when you need it most. Celox's™ clotting action is independent of the bodies normal clotting processes. It has been proven to work in the presence of common anti-coagulants such as warfarin.
Celox™ First Aid is a new range of products designed to meet your first aid requirements.
The new range includes:
- Celox™ Home (10 x 2g packs)
- Celox™ First Aid 25g granules
- Celox™ First Aid 5ft gauze
- Celox™ First Aid 8x8 folded gauze
- Celox™ Nose bleed
Celox™ First Aid products are easy to use (just pour, pack and apply pressure), and extremely effective. When mixed with blood, Celox™ forms a gel like clot in 30 seconds.
In tests by the US Navy personnel at Portsmouth Naval Hospital, Celox™ was the only product to give 100% survival. It gave robust, reliable clotting with no rebleeding**.
Celox™ is made with chitosan. Chitosan is broken down in the body by lysozyme, a human enzyme, to leave glucosamine, a sugar which is normally found in the body***.
Celox™ First Aid is suitable for:
- Lacerations, grazes and minor cuts
- Arterial and venous bleeding
Celox™ has been shown to:
- Significantly reduce blood loss**
- Clot blood containing anticoagulants like Coumadin (warfarin)*
- Clot blood in 30 seconds*
- Stop even arterial bleeding**
- Save lives**
The Celox™ First Aid range is not currently available in Europe.
* Details of these tests are available at: www.celoxmedical.com
** Journal Academic Emergency Medicine Jan 08, Pages 74-81
*** Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 1992, Vol 14 August